Sunday, January 8, 2012

Green Juice #2

I actually like this one better than the one yesterday...

Again, in order of going into the juicer:

1 orange
1 small lemon
1 apple
1 cup of broccoli
1 cup of (adult, not baby) spinach
3 ribs of celery


The reason I put the citrus in first, is because I want the apple juice to not turn the whole thing brownish when it oxidizes.  I just think drinking brown juice would be unappetizing.  The spinach turns it a beautiful green color, though.  This one was better than the one yesterday, I think, and I made enough for 2 12 oz glasses of juice, one for me and one for my roommate.  

The reason I'm leaving the kale out of future recipes is because after cleaning the juicer out yesterday I discovered that the kale leaves merely shredded and went into the pulp catcher, for the most part.  Kale is such a great source of nutrition that I won't waste it that way again.   Different juicer machines will behave differently, though, so don't let my experience stop you from trying it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment