It's that time of year again, when everyone's focused on weight loss or healthier eating or something like that. I'm no exception this year, with a LOT of motivation to create a healthier life (and slimmer waist) for myself, since I'm not getting any younger and I'd like to date someone some time.
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Bunch Spinach Leaves, Whole
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons Lemon Pepper
4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup White Wine
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Directions are simple:
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic salt and lemon pepper, place in pan and cover
3. Turn when browned on one side, cover (to prevent splattering mostly)
4. when browned on both sides, add wine and lemon juice and quickly cover pan
5. after 5 minutes check for doneness
6. When done, remove chicken from pan, place spinach in immediately
7. Turn spinach with tongs until wilted, no other seasoning required
8. One breast per plate, spinach divided evenly, and serve.
That's it, it serves two people and it's pretty quick.
Assumptions: You know enough to wash the spinach first, the chicken breast is thawed and trimmed of excess fat, and you don't have your face in the way of the huge cloud of steam when the wine hits the pan.